As requested by some of you, I decided to share my super easy early morning ginger-lemon shot recipe.
Ginger has many health benefits. Therefore, it is recommended to add it to your daily (morning) routine. For me the most important one is that it can help you digest quicker (and as result feel less bloated). Furthermore, ginger has proven to boost your immunity, reduce pain, heal irritated skin and promote skin elasticity and smoothness (hence, it makes you look young(er) and fresh). In short, a ginger shot a day keeps the doctor away.
Okay, so how to get started?
You will need
- 3 to 4 lemons
- a large chunk of ginger
- water (optional)
- re-usable (yup think about the planet!) little shot cups (these are cute) or an ice cube mold
- A simple – old-school – orange/lemon juicer (you do not need a fancy one)
- Microplane (or a grater)
- A sieve
- OR a juicer (instead of the Microplane and the sieve)
Step by step
- Grate the ginger with the Microplane (or just juice it)
- Put the grated ginger into a sieve and squash it with a spoon so that it becomes ginger-juice (be sure to squash it above a bowl or a jug)
- (I use the remaining pulp as a fertiliser for my plants)
- Juice the lemons
- Add the lemon juice to the ginger juice, stir
- Add some tumeric powder to taste, stir
- Add some water (optional), stir
- Serve them in a shot glass or freeze them (using an ice cube mold)