A couple of months ago I promised to share my New York City (NYC) list. Since it is quite exhaustive, I decided to list all the places I love and only provide you with additional information and/or pictures if I think that is necessary.
Furthermore, I’ll be spreading my list over three blog post (which each provide you with a day-planning) to keep everything organised (yes I am a perfectionist).
Where to stay?
After a very long search for the best price vs. quality vs. located hotel, we decided to book the Citizen M Bowery hotel and we absolutely loved it! Bellow I explain why:
- The Citizen M NYC Bowery is located nearby China-town (hence Manhattan bridge), Soho and Little Italy which I find the perfect location to start exploring NYC. Furthermore, this neighbourhood is trending, meaning that there are a lot of trendy restaurants, coffee (and matcha) bars and shops nearby.
- I felt very safe here (which I think is very important when travelling girls only).
- The rooms are super clean and fully equipped with everything you need to make sure you have a pleasant stay.
- And last but not least: the view from the room is amazing (see picture) and the hotel bar is located on the top flour so you can sip a cocktail while enjoying a renewing view on the city that never sleeps.
- P.S. I recommend to not include breakfast when booking your room because there are lots of cool places to have breakfast instead (see bellow).
- P.S. 2 This blog post is not sponsored.
What to do?
Start your day at my all-time favourite breakfast, brunch and lunch spot: The Butcher’s Daughter.
After a good breakfast: visit Little Italy and Chinatown.
Go to Broadway.
Be carefull though:
Shop at Glossier (must do for make-up lovers).
While you walk from Broadway to the Wall street area
Grab a ginger shot at Joe and the Juice and grab lunch at Shake Shack
Visit Occulus NYC
Take some time to reflect at the Memorial State
Statue of liberty
We did not take the ferry to Liberty Island since we wanted to spend our time in another – more useful – way. Honestly, I do not recommend spending time and money here when you are city tripping for a few days. But that’s my opinion of course. Let me know if you disagree!
We discovered this neighbourhood by accident and I am very happy we did. I recommend to grab a coffee and/or enjoy an ice cream in one of the many cosy bars before making your way to the Brooklyn bridge.
Cross the Brooklyn bridge
Dumbo Brooklyn (obligatory picture spot) + XXXX Parc (the view is amazing)
Take a stroll through Brooklyn
Superfine is a nice Brooklyn bar and the perfect spot to grab a cocktail (by the time you get here you will be lucky to find out it’s happy hour so no need to pay 20 euros for one cocktail ;-))before heading back to the hotel .
Oh P.S.: Nearby Superfine there is a super cool used book store but I’m sure you’ll be bumping into it quickly.
Go back to the hotel via Manhattan Bridge and enjoy.
Gemma is a spot that I discovered via Instagram. If you like Italian food – like I do – you will love it. Please start off by sharing the burrata and continue with a good old linguini vongole.